Want to learn more about how current research connects to parenting? Listed below are numerous research briefs summarizing state of the art research information on topics related to the field of parenting and family relations. Click on the links below to learn more!
Featured Research Briefs
Better Understanding Fathers: An Overview of Fatherhood Trends and Common Issues Fathers Face. This brief discusses national fathering trends and provides an overview of various issues that different types of fathers encounter.
Parenting a Child with Autism Spectrum Disorder: What is the Latest Research? This brief describes recent research about parenting children with autism.
Why Spanking Should Be Discouraged. This brief reviews recent research about the effectiveness and ethics of using spanking as a disciplinary tool for children.
Infants & Young Children
- Games and Children's Brains: What is the Latest Research?
- Maternal Employment and Child Well-Being
- Child Care Center Quality and Child Development
Teens & Pre-Teens
- Biological Parents and Kinship Care: It's Complicated!! Research and tips to support families
- Kinship Care and Communication
- Grandparent Caregivers and Teens in New York State
- The Benefits of Parenting a Second Time Around
- Characteristics of Relative Caregivers and Children in Their Care
- Grandparents as Caregivers
- The Hudson Valley Regional Relatives as Parents Program