Transfer students represent an important part of the College of Human Ecology community. Roughly one quarter of the College's students began their college experience at other academic institutions. We work with transfers from two- and four-year colleges, and from other Cornell undergraduate colleges/schools (current Cornell University students interested in transferring to the College of Human Ecology need to review our internal transfer information).
Transfer students are drawn to Human Ecology for the:
- collection of the applied human focused majors, and the subsequent range of career possibilities the interdisciplinary focus provides.
- transfer credit policy through which academic courses transfer with ease.
- comprehensive academic and career development support.
- need-based financial aid that makes Cornell affordable for admitted students.
- resources of an Ivy League university, with the close knit community feel of a smaller college.
Competitive transfer candidates have earned strong grades in our required preparatory coursework and can articulate a compelling interest match and related experiences to a specific College of Human Ecology major through the application essay.