Students applying to the Design and Environment Analysis (DEA) and the Fashion Design and Management (FD&M) majors are required to submit a design supplement as directed below. Applications submitted without the required supplement will not be considered. Design supplements are critically evaluated by department faculty and are considered in conjunction with a student's application materials.
Submission/Postmark Deadlines for design supplements are as follows. Design supplements submitted/postmarked after the listed deadlines will not be considered.
- November 1, 2017 (early decision first-year applicants) Deadline has passed. We are no longer accepting submissions.
- January 2, 2018 (regular decision first-year applicants) Deadline has passed. We are no longer accepting submissions.
- October 15, 2017 (external spring transfer applicants) Deadline has passed. We are no longer accepting submissions.
- March 15, 2018 (external fall transfer applicants)
- December 1, 2017 (current Cornell students applying for a spring transfer) Deadline has passed. We are no longer accepting submissions.
- May 9, 2018 (current Cornell students applying for a fall transfer)
Design and Environmental Analysis applicants:
DEA Challenge | 2018
Fashion Design and Management applicants need to complete the design supplement specific to the option in which they are interested.
Fashion Design applicants:
Fashion Design Portfolio Guidelines and Design Index | 2018
Fashion Design Portfolio FAQs | 2018
Fashion Design Management applicants:
Fashion Design Management Case Study | 2018