Want to learn more about the latest parenting research? Parenting Pages summarize the latest parenting and child development research in short, easy to read fact sheets for caregivers.
Featured Parenting Pages:
Why Spanking Should Be Discouraged --Spanking is a common discipline strategy used by parents today, but this fact sheet highlights some of the reasons why parents should consider using other positive discipline strategies instead of spanking.
Children and Video Games --This fact sheet provides parents with an overview of types of video games and their rating system as well as some of the positive aspects of video games for children.
Teens & Pre-Teens:
- Autonomy Parent Page
- Connections Parent Page
- Monitor Parent Page
- Parenting Teens--What Is the Latest Research?
- Babies are Born to Read
- Toddlers are Taking Steps Toward Reading
- Creating Literacy-Rich Play at Home
- Preschoolers Are Developing Into Readers
- Reading Aloud is Time Well Spent
- Understanding and Managing Relationships in Grandfamilies
- Biological Parents and Kinship Care, Recommendations for Biological Parent(s)
- Biological Parents and Kinship Care, Recommendations for Grandparents