No CU AddressIthaca, New York
Division of Nutritional Sciences
- Patterson, B., Wastney, M.E., Combs, Jr., G.F., Brindak, M., Patterson, K.Y., Veillon, C., Taylor, P.R., Levander, O.A., 2006. Selenium metabolism in humans: Response of kinetic pools in plasma to 2 yr supplementation. FASEB J.
- Sacks, G.L., Combs, G.F., Derry, L.A., and Brenna, J.T. 2006. Speciation of selenium-enriched samples by parallel elemental and molecular mass spectrometry (PEMMS) and peak parameterization. FASEB J.
- Wastney, M., Combs, Jr., G.F., Patterson, K., Veillon, C. Levander, O.A., Teylor, P. and Patterson, B. 2006. Selenium metabo-lism in humans: Response of kinetic pools in plasma to 2 yr of Se supplementation. Proc. 8th Internat Symp Selenium Biol. Med. p 34
- Watts, J. and Combs, Jr., GF. Effects of methionine on utilization of food and supplemental forms of selenium.2007.FASEB J. 21:A105
- Combs, Jr., G.F., Watts, J.C., Scheet, A.J., Johnson, L.K., Davis, C.D. and Milner, J.A. 2007. Selenium status of a cohort of healthy Americans. FASEB J. 21:A105
- Idso, J.. Hunt, C., Watts, J. and Combs, Jr., G. 2007. New methodology for quantification of human white blood cell apoptosis following exposure of whole blood samples to cyclohexamide or hydrogen peroxide assessed by flow cytometry. FASEB J 21:A785
- Stranges, S., J. Marshall, R. Donahue, M. Trevisan, R. Natarajan, G.Combs, Jr., F. Farinaro & M.Reid, 2008. Effects of Selenium Supplementation on Type 2 Diabetes: Secondary Analyses in a Randomized Clinical Trial. Am. Heart Assoc.
- Combs, Jr., G.F., Watts, J., Johnson, L.K., Canfield, W.K., Davis, C.D. and Milner, J.A. 2008. Responses to Selenium Supplementation in Healthy Americans. FASEB J.
- Combs, Jr., G.F., Watts, J.C., Johnson, L.K., Canfield, W.K., Davis, C.D. and Milner, J.A. 2008. Absence of Diabetes Indicators in a Selenium-Supplementation Trial. FASEB J.
- Waters, D.J., Shen, S., Kengeri, S., Chaing, E.C., Combs, Jr., G.F., Morris, J.S. and Bostwick, D.G. 2008. More is not always better: using the dog model to identify what dose of selenium provides the best protection against prostate cancer. FASEB J.
- Combs, Jr., G.F., H. Zeng, M.I. Jackson, L.K. Johnson, A. Hoeg, L. Schomburg, C.D. Davis and J.A. Milner. 2009. Genetic determinants of responses to selenium supplementation. FASEB J
- Jackson, M.I., L.K. Johnson, A. Hoeg, C. Hoefig, C.D. Davis, J.A. Milner, L. Schomburg and G.F. Combs, Jr. 2009. Components of plasma selenium in healthy Americans. FASEB J
Thavarajah, D., Thavarajah, P.†, Wijesuriya, P., Jayatissa, R., Combs, G., Lolande, D., See,
- C.T., Goetz, B., Rutzke, M., Arndt, A., Prange, A., Homes, J., Vandenberg, A. 2010. Nutritional impacts of Saskatchewan grown Lentils (Lens culinaris L) feeding on a samples healthy and clinical children populations in Sri Lanka. Pulse Day 2010.
- Jackson, M.I. and Combs, Jr., G.F. 2010. ,Heterogeneity in human plasma selenoprotein P: variable glycosylation status and protein length. FASEB J
- 1969 - B.S. Zoology (minor: General Biological Sciences), University of Maryland, College Park, MD
- 1971 - M.S. Entomology (minor: Physiology), Cornell University, Ithaca NY
- 1974 - Ph.D. Nutritional Biochemistry (minors: Biochemistry, Toxicology), Cornell University, Ithaca, NY