The Magic Years curriculum is designed for families with children from birth through age four who are looking for research based information to enhance their parenting skills. The purpose of the Magic Years lessons is to provide educators with tools and resources to explain best practices in child development and parenting to caregivers. The Magic Years Class will assist participants, who are the experts on their families, in developing a deeper understanding of how their personal and parenting knowledge and behavior affects their children. The lessons are designed for parent educators/facilitators to use in conjunction with a nutrition educator. Each of the included nutrition lessons are from FNEC (Food and Nutrition Education in Communities) approved curricula.
Curriculum contents include:
1. Stress, goal setting, portion size;
2. Child development, nutrition for development;
3. Routines, family meals;
4. Discipline, improving food attitudes;
5. Discipline, high calcium diets;
6. Parental Involvement/responsibility, food safety. The curriculum can be used for group classes or individual sessions.
The Magic Years Curriculum won the New York State, Eastern Region, and National Curriculum Package Award from NEAFCS (National Extension Association of Family and Consumer Sciences).
Contact: Amanda Rae Root, CCE Jefferson County at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.