See a list of studies published by Dr. Odoms-Young
- Thompson, T. L., Singleton, C. R., Springfield, S. E., Thorpe, R. J., Odoms-Young, A. (In Press). Differences in Nutrient Intake and Diet Quality Between Non-Hispanic Black and Non-Hispanic White Men in the United States. Public health reports
- Kim, S. J., Ramirez-Valles, J., Watson, K., Allen-Mears, P., Matthews, A., Martinez, E., Odoms-Young, A., Daviglus, M., & Winn, R. A. (2019). Fostering health equity research: Development and implementation of the Center for Health Equity Research (CHER) Chicago. Journal of clinical and translational science, 4(1), 53–60.
- Vásquez PM, Durazo-Arvizu RA, Marquez DX, Argos M, Lamar M, Odoms-Young A, Wu D, González HM, Tarraf W, Sotres-Alvarez D, Vidot D, Murillo R, Perreira KM, Castañeda SF, Mossavar-Rahmani Y, Cai J, Gellman M, Daviglus ML. (2019). Moderate-vigorous physical activity and health-related quality of life among Hispanic/Latino adults in the Hispanic Community Health Study/Study of Latinos (HCHS/SOL). J Patient Rep Outcomes. Jul 24;3(1):45
- Buscemi J, Odoms-Young A, Stolley MR, Schiffer L, Blumstein L, Clark MH, Berbaum ML, McCaffrey J, Braunschweig C, Fitzgibbon ML (2019) Comparative Effectiveness Trial of an Obesity Prevention Intervention in EFNEP and SNAP-ED: Primary Outcomes. Nutrients. May 5;11(5).
- Singleton CR, Li Y, Odoms-Young A, Zenk SN, Powell LM. (2019) Change in Food and Beverage Availability and Marketing Following the Introduction of a Healthy Food Financing Initiative-Supported Supermarket. Am J Health Promot. May;33(4):525-533
- Springfield S, Odoms-Young A, Tussing-Humphreys L, Freels S, Stolley M. (2019) Adherence to American Cancer Society and American Institute of Cancer Research dietary guidelines in overweight African American breast cancer survivors. J Cancer Surviv. Apr;13(2):257-268
- Springfield S, Odoms-Young A, Tussing-Humphreys LM, Freels S, Stolley MR. (2019) A Step toward Understanding Diet Quality in Urban African-American Breast Cancer Survivors: A Cross-sectional Analysis of Baseline Data from the Moving Forward Study. Nutr Cancer. Feb 18:1-16.
- Weber SJ, Wichelecki J, Chavez N, Bess S, Reese L, Odoms-Young A. (2018) Understanding the factors influencing low-income caregivers’ perceived value of a federal nutrition programme, the Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants and Children (WIC). Public Health Nutr. Dec 7:1-10
- Weber S, Uesugi K, Greene H, Bess S, Reese L, Odoms-Young A. (2018) Preferences and Perceived Value of WIC Foods Among WIC Caregivers. J Nutr Educ Behav. 2018 Jul – Aug;50(7):695-704.
- Buscemi J, Odoms-Young A, Yaroch AL, Hayman LL, Loiacono B, Herman A, Fitzgibbon ML. (2018) Society of Behavioral Medicine position statement: retain school meal standards and healthy school lunches. Transl Behav Med. 2018 Apr 13.
- Singleton CR, Fouché S, Deshpande R, Odoms-Young A, Chatman C, Spreen C. Barriers to fruit and vegetable consumption among farmers’ market incentive programme users in Illinois, USA. Public Health Nutr. 2018 Feb 19:1-5.
- Kong A, Schiffer L, Antonic M, Braunschweig C, Odoms-Young A, Fitzgibbon M. (2018). The relationship between home- and individual-level diet quality among African American and Hispanic/Latino households with young children. Int J Behav Nutr Phys Act. Jan 15;15(1):5
- Odoms-Young A, Bruce MA. (2018) Examining the Impact of Structural Racism on Food Insecurity: Implications for Addressing Racial/Ethnic Disparities. Fam Community Health. Apr/Jun;41 Suppl 2 Suppl, Food Insecurity and Obesity:S25-S32.
- Bruce MA, Thorpe RJ Jr, Beech BM, Towns T, Odoms-Young A. (2018) Sex, Race, Food Security, and Sugar Consumption Change Efficacy Among Low-Income Parents in an Urban Primary Care Setting. Fam Community Health. Apr/Jun;41 Suppl 2 Suppl, Food Insecurity and Obesity: S25-S32.
- Singleton CR, Li Y, Duran AC, Zenk SN, Odoms-Young A, Powell LM. (2017). Food and Beverage Availability in Small Food Stores Located in Healthy Food Financing Initiative Eligible Communities. Int J Environ Res Public Health. Oct 18;14(10)
- Lewis FB, Price AA, Whitt-Glover MC, Odoms-Young A, Thorpe RJ. (2017) Weight status: A predictor of the receipt of and interest in health promotion information among college students. Californian Journal of Health Promotion. 15 (2): 27-36.
Odoms-Young Nutrition Liberation, Food Sovereignty and Justice Lab
244 Garden Avenue, Ithaca NY 14853