- Saurabh Mehta, MBBS, ScD, Associate Professor in the Division of Nutritional Sciences at Cornell University: Norman Kretchmer Memorial Award in Nutrition and Development. Given to a young investigator for a substantial body of independent research in the field of nutrition and development with potential relevance to improving child health in memory of Norman Kretchmer (1923 – 1995).
- Kevin Klatt, PhD '18, RD, Baylor College of Medicine: Dennis Bier, MD Young Career Editor for The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition: The inaugural Young Career Editor will help shape and define this new position to promote and expand journal content to target audiences, from technical experts to the general public. Ultimately, this person will help The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition (AJCN) broaden its public voice, continuing its tradition of innovation and excellence in science publishing. Supported by Ajinomoto Health & Nutrition North America, Inc., Pfizer, Inc. and individual ASN members.
- Purnima Menon, PhD ‘02, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI): Nevin Scrimshaw Mid-Career Award in Global Nutrition. Given to a mid-career professional who has done innovative work to advance the field of global nutrition and is a current member of ASN’s Global Nutrition Council. Supported by the Sight and Life Foundation.
- Edward A. Frongillo, Jr., PhD '91, University of South Carolina: E.V. McCollum International Lectureships in Nutrition Award. Given to a clinical investigator who is perceived as a major creative force, actively generating new concepts in nutrition and personally seeing to the execution of studies testing the validity of these concepts.
- Amy Fothergill, MPH, Cornell University: Student Interest Group Award Finalist for
Anemia and Iron Status in Women of Reproductive Age in Southern India (Abstract Presentation Number: P14-031-20)
- Camille Jones, MPH, Cornell University: Young Minority Investigator Award Finalist for
Prevalence of Undernutrition and Anemia in 6-24-Month-Old Children in Rural South India: Assessing the Target Population for a Multiple Biofortified Crops Feeding Trial (Abstract Presentation Number: P14-053-20)
- Katherine Delaney, BS, Cornell University: Emerging Leaders in Nutrition Science Finalist for Maternal Red Blood Cell Catabolism as a Source of Fetal Iron (Abstract Presentation Number: P15-041-20)