Recent Alumni Achievement Award
The Human Ecology Alumni Association (HEAA) Recent Alumni Achievement Award is given to Human Ecology alumni who have graduated within the past fifteen years in recognition of a commitment to excellence in post-collegiate life and a significant or ongoing commitment to extraordinary work, research or volunteerism.
One recipient is selected annually. This award may be bestowed at the discretion of the HEAA Awards Committee.
Description and Eligibility
Description and Eligibility
This award highlights the tremendous talents and contributions that young people make to their profession, to their community, and to the College. Recipients are those which richly inspire other young alumni and current students of the College. This award will be presented to deserving alumni who meet the following criteria:
- Nominee must have attained notable degree of prominence through professional endeavor, research, volunteerism, and/or involvement within the local or global community or the College.
- Special consideration will be given for those who demonstrate significant initiative by starting innovative service projects, research, businesses or other original enterprises.
- Received recognition as an emerging leader through professional and/or community achievements.
- Attained increasingly responsible positions within their organization, business, or field of work.
- Received recognition for significant professional contributions, discoveries, or creative work through honors, awards, and/or media attention.
- Served as an outstanding young role model for current and future Human Ecology College students.
- The award recipient shall be expected to advance and support the mission of the College of Human Ecology by engaging with students, faculty or the College during the following year after receipt of the Alumni Achievement Award. The Alumni Affairs and Development office will work with award winners to identify and tailor specific engagement opportunities.
- The nomination cycle for the Recent Alumni Achievement Award is January - February of every year.
- Nominations must be submitted by 5 pm on February 10 to be considered for the award cycle that year.
- All nominations must be submitted using the official nomination form. Completed nomination forms with the required documentation support may be submitted online. Paper versions of the form can be obtained by contacting Human Ecology Alumni Affairs & Development 607-255-7802 or HEaad@cornell.edu.
- Each nomination may also include the nominee's resume or curriculum vitae and not more than two letters of support from the nominee's constituencies (alumni, faculty, administration, staff or friends of the University) stating the specific reasons for the nomination.
- Incomplete nominations will not be considered by the Awards Committee.
- Self-nominations are not recommended.
Presentation will be made at the Human Ecology Alumni Association Annual Meeting held at the Alumni Breakfast which takes place during Cornell's Alumni Reunion Weekend in June. It is preferred that the recipient attend this ceremony in person to receive this award. If there are financial issues which would make it difficult for the individual to attend in person, the Awards Committee will refer to the following travel considerations.
The Human Ecology Alumni Association will pay for the award recipient's travel to campus pending available funds. The alumni association will not pay travel expenses for any guests of the award recipient. Fund availability will be made at the discretion of the Human Ecology Alumni Association Board Executive Committee in collaboration with the Awards Committee.
Past Recipients of the Recent Alumni Achievement Award:
|2022 Jeremy Roberts '14||2009 Jared Genser '95|
|2020 Danny Swersky '05||2008 Lindsey Boyd '98 and Gwen Whiting '98|
|2019 Gizelle Begler '08||2007 Andrew Schaffler '03|
|2018 Sandra Fluke '03||2006 Jonelle Bradshaw '96|
|2017 Dr. Harry Cho '02||2005 Lou D. Bergholz '94|
|2016 Lee Schaffler '01||2004 Malia Mills '90|
|2014 Lauren Braun '11||2003 Ricardo Roman '95|
|2013 Charter Members of the Human Ecology Young Alumni Council||2002 Jennifer A. Sale '93, MBA '01|
|2012 Theresa Soriano '97, MD, MPH||2001 Terrance N. Horner '92, PhD '98|
|2011 Silvestre Arcos '00||2000 David M. Schiff '93|
|2010 Rachel Doyle '05||1999 Leslie Nydick '85|