Description and Eligibility
Description and Eligibility
This award highlights the tremendous talents and contributions that young people make to their profession, to their community, and to the College. Recipients are those which richly inspire other young alumni and current students of the College. This award will be presented to deserving alumni who meet the following criteria:
- Nominee must have attained notable degree of prominence through professional endeavor, research, volunteerism, and/or involvement within the local or global community or the College.
- Special consideration will be given for those who demonstrate significant initiative by starting innovative service projects, research, businesses or other original enterprises.
- Received recognition as an emerging leader through professional and/or community achievements.
- Attained increasingly responsible positions within their organization, business, or field of work.
- Received recognition for significant professional contributions, discoveries, or creative work through honors, awards, and/or media attention.
- Served as an outstanding young role model for current and future Human Ecology College students.
- The award recipient shall be expected to advance and support the mission of the College of Human Ecology by engaging with students, faculty or the College during the following year after receipt of the Alumni Achievement Award. The Alumni Affairs and Development office will work with award winners to identify and tailor specific engagement opportunities.
Nominations for 2019 are now open. Nominations by classmates, family or co-workers are acceptable. Self-nominations are not recommended. SUBMIT YOUR NOMINATION
- Award nominations may be submitted beginning in December 2018
- All nominations must be submitted on the official nomination form. Completed nomination forms with the required documentation support may be submitted online. Paper versions of the form can be obtained by contacting Human Ecology Alumni Affairs & Development 607-255-7802 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Each nomination may also include the nominee's resume or curriculum vitae and not more than two letters of support from the nominee's constituencies (alumni, faculty, administration, staff or friends of the University) stating the specific reasons for the nomination.
- Incomplete nominations will not be considered by the Awards Committee.
Presentation will be made at the Human Ecology Alumni Association Annual Meeting held at the Alumni Breakfast which takes place during Cornell's Alumni Reunion Weekend in June. It is preferred that the recipient attend this ceremony in person to receive this award. If there are financial issues which would make it difficult for the individual to attend in person, the Awards Committee will refer to the following travel considerations.
The Human Ecology Alumni Association will pay for the award recipient's travel to campus pending available funds. The alumni association will not pay travel expenses for any guests of the award recipient. Fund availability will be made at the discretion of the Human Ecology Alumni Association Board Executive Committee in collaboration with the Awards Committee.