Human Ecology Alumni Association Outstanding Senior Award
The Outstanding Senior Award is presented to a graduating senior for outstanding student leadership, academic achievement, extraordinary service to the College, and demonstrated potential as an alumni leader. The recipient of this award serves as an example for their peers and all alumni by demonstrating service, loyalty, commitment to the College, the Alumni Association, and their community.
Up to two recipients may be selected annually. This award may be bestowed at the discretion of the HEAA Awards Committee.
Description and Eligibility
Description and Eligibility
- demonstrates exceptional leadership skills
- embraces the mission and values of the College in both academic and extracurricular activities
- has a special enthusiasm for, and extraordinary interest in being an ambassador for the college
- understands "the big picture" of the college and university community that extends out to its alumni
- has a working knowledge of alumni engagement and has participated in alumni outreach
- has taken an active role in support of alumni/student connections
- The nomination cycle for the Outstanding Senior Award is November 1 - December 1 of every year.
- Nomination letters of support by faculty and staff must be submitted to the Human Ecology Alumni Affairs and Development office by 5 pm on December 1 to be considered.
- Once the nomination letter(s) of support are received, the nominated students will be contacted by the Human Ecology Alumni Affairs and Development office and will be asked to complete and submit an official nomination form.
- Each nomination may also include the nominee's resume or curriculum vitae.
- Incomplete nominations will not be considered by the Awards Committee.
Presentation will be made at the Senior Celebration hosted by the Dean’s Advisory Council which takes place in April. It is preferred that the recipient attend this ceremony in person to receive this award.
- The awardee will receive a monetary award of $500
- The awardee’s accomplishments will be showcased on our website and in a poster that will be displayed in the hall near the Dean’s office in MVR Hall
2023 Honorable Mentions: Rohit Agrawal, Kenneth Alcantara, Ainsley Fleming Wood, Justin Han, Samantha Heller, Isabelle Ilan, Jenna Landy, Noah Lee, Neel Mehta, Hanna Norris, Marisa Radulesca, Rachel Reeves, Devin Schneider, Jordan Walker & Cynthia Wan
Past Recipients of the Outstanding Senior Award:
Matthew Luebke '22 & Taeyoung Park '22
Judy Liu '22
Talia Bailes '20
Nicole Agaronnick '19
Julia Lesnick '18
Lindsay Dower '17
Angel Khuu '17
Eric Beaudette '16
Nicole Cember '16
Winnie Huang '15
Sara Hachey '15
Julie Ewing '14
Emily Lopes '13
Gilad Meron '12
Ashley Jeanlus '11
Eric Zember '10