FSAD Lecturer Position – Fashion Aesthetics, and Society (AJO #13768)
The Department of Fiber Science & Apparel Design is one of five academic units in the College of Human Ecology at Cornell University. The graduate field of textiles offers an M.A. and a Ph.D. in Apparel Design, as well as an M.S. and Ph.D. in Fiber Science. The undergraduate programs include Fashion Design, Fashion Design Management, and Fiber Science.
The Lecturer will serve as Instructor of Record for FSAD 2190, Fashion Aesthetics, and Society, for the spring 2020 semester. Class size will be up to 80 students. The position is 0.20 FTE (part-time) with an appointment period of January 1 through May 15, 2020.
FSAD 2190, Fashion, Aesthetics, and Society, is a 3-credit,lecture and discussion course that provides an introduction to fashion, aesthetics, trends, and their integral relationship throughout history. Students explore various aspects of contemporary fashion phenomena, such as fashion-art collaborations, media-influence on body image, the impact of new technologies on fashion and lifestyle trends, and other significant issues of society manifested in fashion of the 20th and 21st centuries.
• Advanced degree (M.A. or M.S. or higher) required.
• Prior teaching experience in related field.
• Familiarity with fashion, trend analysis, anthropology, art, media and communication.
• Demonstrated speaking and writing ability.
• Demonstrated organizational and team-building skills appropriate to academia.