Schedule of Moves by Location
|Group #||Date||Building||Move Coordinator||Unit POCs||Occupants|
|1||July 2||Academic Surge A||Jeff Surine||Margaret Frey, Rich Duell||Academic Affairs, CSCU|
|2||July 3||Academic Surge B / HEB||Michael Johnson||Ksenia Lang, Kim Fenner||HD Faculty, DEA grads|
|3||July 9-10||Thornwood, CISER (July 9 only)||Peggy Emerson||Denise Markley, Jen Davis||BCTR, CORE, PAD|
|4||July 16||Schurman, Kennedy, Roberts, Uris||Jeff Surine||Deb Surine, Lauri Whatley, Jen Davis, Denise Markley, Ksenia Lang||AAD, Communications, Programmers, Budget, PAM Faculty (and Ext. KK)|
|5a||July 23||Internal MVR moves||Michael Johnson||Ksenia Lang||HD Department Hub|
|5b||July 24||Internal MVR moves, Caldwell||Ryan Graves, Lance Streeter||Eric Maroney, Ksenia Lang, Rich Duell, Kim Fenner, Cheryl Miller||PAM Faculty, HD Faculty/Research, NS Research, DEA grads, CIPA|
|6||July 30||Beebe||Peggy Emerson, Catherine Carlson||Ksenia Lang, Peter Farley||HD Research|
|7||August 6||ILR||Catherine Carlson||Eric Maroney, Rich Duell, Ksenia Lang||PAM Research, Emerita (NS, PAM, FSAD, HD)|
|8||August 27||Kinzelburg||Ryan Graves||Rich Duell||NS Faculty and Administration|
|9||August 31||Savage||Michael Johnson||Rich Duell||NS Faculty and Administration|
“Rules of the Game” - the responsibilities of the College support team, the unit, and the individual space occupant.
- The College will provide a cross-functional (Facilities & CSG) support team to coordinate the details of all move (surge and occupancy) related activities.
- Units will provide a single point of contact to participate in planning and coordination meetings.
- The Unit Single Point of Contact will gather and disseminate information, concerns, and requests from within the unit to the move coordination team.
- The MVR33 Phase 3 Renovation Project will fund all move related activities which occur at the time of the move.
- Pre-move walk-throughs will be conducted by CHE Facilities after 1pm on the work day before the scheduled move during which the spaces to be relocated will be confirmed.
- Occupants will not be permitted in their current/existing spaces after 1pm on the work day before the move.
- If at the time of the pre-move walk-through an occupant scheduled for the move is not fully packed, their move will be cancelled and rescheduled for a later date, coordinated with other moves. All fees associated with this cancellation will be the responsibility of the unit.
- CSG will disassemble and pack computers beginning 1pm the work day before the move and will unpacked, reassembled, and confirm proper operation of computers and peripheral devices prior to 8am on the work day after the move.
- Occupants will be permitted into the ‘move to’/new location on the morning after the move and not before. No occupants are permitted in the surge location on the day of the move.
- Post move walk-throughs will be conducted by CHE Facilities and CSG on the day after the move to confirm the complete execution of the move (ie, all boxes made it to the right location; computers and peripherals are operational.)
- The MVR33 Phase 3 Renovation Project will fund all supplies and coordinate the packing, relocation, and unpacking (when required) of occupants belonging.
- All office contents (including trash and recycling containers) must be packed into boxes and labels for relocation.
- All boxes to be relocated shall be labeled according to the following convention. NO other numbers will be written on the box/label:
Move from building/room number | Move to building/room number
Box X of Y
- No filing cabinets will be relocated full - all files must be packed into boxes for relocation.
- Personal items of great value or those which are irreplaceable should be taken home during the move.
- Personal belongings that are too large to fit in a box must be properly packed and labeled for relocation if they are to be moved by the move contractor.
- Funding provisions for short or long term storage is not available as part of the project. Special funding requests for storage shall be made by the chair to the college.
- At least 2 weeks prior to the move, Unit Single Point of Contact will identify and provide a list to the move coordinator of which occupants wish to take advantage of packing and unpacking services and which occupants wish to perform these tasks themselves.
- CHE Facilities will coordinate the relocation of existing/reuse furniture product separately from the moves.
- The move contractor will relocate boxes and will not relocate any furniture.
- The furniture contractor will relocate furniture that is reflected on the approved floor plan. If furniture items are not reflected on the approved floor plan it will not be relocated on the day of the move.
- Wall mounted book shelving is furniture. Monitor arms and Keyboard trays are furniture.
- CHE Facilities and CSG will make special arrangements to accommodate special handling requirements for secure data.
- Unit Single Point of Contact will provide the details of the secure data handling requirements and the scope (size) of the secure data to the move coordination team at least 1 week prior to the date of the move for consideration during planning.
- White boxes will be provided for all computing cables, computing peripherals, and telephones. Occupants will ensure that no necessary computing cables or peripherals are packed in anything but the white box(es). Computers, monitors, and phones will be disassembled, packed and labeled by CSG as “Computer Equipment” after pre-move walkthroughs have been conducted.
- Output devices will be documented on floor plans and relocated as part of the move. Desk top units which can be packed into a box should be.
- CHE Facilities will provide the administrative support to coordinate and fund all voice/data relocations/activations which occur at the time of the move.
- Unit Single Point of Contact will review and provide corrections/additions/subtractions to the draft CIT service request order prepared by the move coordination team.
- All keys to existing spaces must be turned in to the Unit Single Point of Contact / aKCC at 1pm on the day before the move. Unit Single Point of Contact / aKCC must turn in all existing keys to CHE Facilities on the day of the move.
- Keys to new spaces will be issued after 8am on the work day after the move. Unit Single Point of Contact / aKCCs may pick up new keys from CHE Facilities on the day of the move. No new keys will be issued until existing keys are turned in. The unit will be charged if keys are not turned in and the space must be rekeyed.
- Unit Single Point of Contact will gather and provide (a list of) any infrastructure issues or unforeseen environmental/space conditions experienced upon occupancy for prompt resolution by the move coordination team.
- CHE Facilities will provide support services for minor adjustments and the hanging of photos etc the week of the move.
- No space layout modifications will occur the week of the move.
- There will be a period of ‘silence’ for all requests to add to or modify surge to spaces for 6 weeks after to the move.
- Unit Single Point of Contact will gather and provide to the move coordination team a list of all post occupancy request from the unit.
- CHE Facilities will meet with Unit Representatives to review the list of post occupancy requests after the 6 week period to review and prioritize the items and develop a plan to address/resolve the requests.
Please notice boxes (with lids) and recycling bins in key locations of MVR floors T,G,1,2,3.
We will continue to provide these throughout the packing and moving period. By the end of May those needing to move should be packed. We recommend that faculty who are considering the disposition of original research and other scholarly materials to contact Eileen Keating firstname.lastname@example.org for review of those materials for the archives.
We recommend that faculty who are considering the disposition of original research and other scholarly materials to contact Eileen Keating email@example.com for review of those materials for the archives.
If you need additional boxes or assistance with packing please contact CHE Facilities Staff at FH-CHE-FACILITIES-STAFF@groups.cornell.edu.
If you have questions about whether you are in the renovation zone or need to move please contact your department administrative manager and or supervisor.
If you have general questions please feel free to send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Also feel free to contact Craig Higgins by email or phone (email@example.com, 4-6446).
Changing your location (address) for your online Cornell and College directories.
The university stores and displays your address information at WhoIAm, and the College displays your location (address) information on your web bio page/listing. When your location (address) changes, it is important to update the information at WhoIAm and on your web bio page/listing.
Please use these instructions for updating both WhoIAm and your web bio page/listing.
- Go to WhoIAm, and log in with your Cornell netid information.
- Select the Electronic Directory tab.
- Edit your building and room information, if applicable.
- If you have a web bio please change your webpage URL to this format: https://www.human.cornell.edu/people/netid (netid is your own netid).
- Click “Update” in order to save your changes.
How to update your location (address) on your web bio page/listing
- Go to the Faculty Annual Report (FAR) application online: FAR. Log in with your Cornell netid information.
- On the left sidebar, click the link for Personal Information that appears just below the portrait image.
- Change the Office and Phone fields, and click Save.
- Human Development - Peter Farley
- Design + Environmental Analysis - Kimberli Fenner
- Division of Nutritional Sciences - Richard Duell
- Policy Analysis and Management - Jeanine Masse
- Fiber Science & Apparel Design - Michele Draiss
As the College undergoes a series of renovations in the coming months and for a projected duration of two years, College administration is utilizing a set of feedback tools at various stages of the renovation process. The goal of this effort is to understand the changing and ever-evolving experience of faculty, staff and students within the College and how the phases of these renovations support their work and pursuits.
WORKPLACE ASSESSMENT SURVEY
Faculty, staff and graduate students (available through May 6, 2018):
Send ideas about how to maintain the College of Human Ecology Community during the MVR renovations to CHE-Renovation@cornell.edu.
Thank you for your time and input!
Cornell's Dining Services website offers comprehensive information about where to eat on campus, hours of operation, online ordering, and more.
What about Martha's Cafe in MVR? Martha's will close on August 3 and will re-open in a new location (the West Addition Foyer, near the MVR Commons) as Martha's Express, offering limited service on August 15 and full service starting August 20.
Cornell's Parking and Transporation website offers comprehensive information about parking and getting around campus.
Stay tuned for information about spaces in MVR available for meeting, collaborating, and studying. As of June 11, 2018, the following areas of MVR will be available for use during MVR construction.
Conference Rooms [Reserve these spaces via Outlook]
- HEB T01
- MVR G422
- MVR 1300H
- MVR 1429
- MVR 3308
OTHER MVR MEETING SPACES
- HE Commons
You can search for people and their locations and contact information by using the College directory or the University directory. Following is a general list of departments and units and their new locations:
|Admissions||Academic Surge A (Ag Quad)||Room 127|
|Alumni Affairs and Development||Schurman (Vet School)||S3110|
|BCTR||35 Thornwood Drive||Suite 202|
|Communications Office Staff||Schurman (Vet School)||S3120|
|Computing Services Application Development Team||Schurman (Vet School)||S3112|
|CORE||35 Thornwood Drive||Suite 202|
|Cornell Institute for Public Affairs (CIPA) Staff||Caldwell Hall||Room 294|
|Cornell Statistical Consulting Unit (CSCU)||Academic Surge A (Ag Quad)||TBA|
|Design + Environmental Analysis Graduate Students||Human Ecology Building||TBA|
|Design + Environmental Analysis Research||MVR||TBA|
|Emeritus Faculty||ILR Conference Center||Check CHE Directory|
|Finance/Budget||Schurman (Vet School)||S3117|
|Human Development Department Hub||MVR||G421 Suite|
|Human Development Faculty||Academic Surge B (Ag Quad)||Check HD Directory|
|Human Development Faculty||MVR||Check HD Directory|
|Human Development Research||Beebe||Check HD Directory|
|Human Development Research||MVR||Check HD Directory|
|Nutritional Sciences Administration||Kinzelburg||Check DNS Directory|
|Nutritional Sciences Administration||Savage||Check DNS Directory|
|Nutritional Sciences Faculty||Kinzelburg||Check DNS Directory|
|Nutritional Sciences Faculty||Savage||Check DNS Directory|
|Nutritional Sciences Research||MVR||Check DNS Directory|
|PAD||CISER (Pine Tree Road)||Room 211C|
|Policy Analysis and Management Faculty||MVR||Check PAM Directory|
|Policy Analysis and Management Faculty||Kennedy||Check PAM Directory|
|Policy Analysis and Management Faculty||Roberts||Check PAM Directory|
|Policy Analysis and Management Research||ILR Conference Center||Check PAM Directory|
|Registrar||Academic Surge A (Ag Quad)||Room 101|
|Student and Career Development||Academic Surge A (Ag Quad)||Room 125|