Founded in three main bodies of knowledge - HCI, Environmental Psychology and Architectural Robotics - Carlos' research explores how distributed, responsive systems can foster social interaction and place attachment in human inhabitants. In addition, Carlos is also contributing to the development of the home+ project enabling aging in place, such that his broader aim is to make a more capacious living environment for older people both inside and outside their homes.
- Bernard, A., de Aguiar, C. H., Green, K. (2018). Model for a Rigid, 3D Mechanism Inspired by Pop-Up Origami, and its Application to a Re-configurable, Physical Environment. IEEE CASE, at Munich, Germany.
- Verma, S., Gonthina, P., Hawks, Z., Nahar, D., Brooks, J., Walker, I., Wang, Y., de Aguiar, C. H., Green, K. (2018). Design and Evaluation of Two Robotic Furnishings Partnering with Each Other and Their Users to Enable Independent Living. Pervasive Health, at New York, USA.
- Choueiri, M., Duffy, S., Guria, S., McCarthy, C., Moure, P., Todalbagi, A., Wang, Y., de Aguiar, C. H. , Green, K. (2018). Can Interactive Systems Be Designed for Conviviality? A Case Study. DIS 2018 PWiP, at Hong Kong.
- de Aguiar, C. H., Green, K. (2018). transFORM - A Cyber-Physical Environment Increasing Social Interaction and Place Attachment in Underused, Public Spaces. DIS 2018 PWiP, at Hong Kong.
- de Aguiar, C. H., Fateminasab, R., Frazelle, C., Schott, R., Wang, Y. Wooten, M., Green, K., Walker, I. (2016). The Networked, Robotic home+ Furniture Suite: A Distributed, Assistive Technology Facilitating Aging in Place. IEEE CASE 2016, At Fort Worth, Texas, USA, Volume: pp. 1067-1072
- de Aguiar, C. H. (2016). EnAct. A Responsive, Cyber-physical Architecture as Social Activator of Informal Gathering Spaces in the City. archi-Doct Journal, Transformable Architecture, 7th edition.
Classes as a teaching assistant (TA) at Cornell University:
- Interaction Design (IxD) Studio
- Health Care Innovations
- Human Centered Design Methods
- Making a Difference by Design
Classes as an instructor at Clemson University:
- Architecture Communication
- Architectural Portfolio
- Cornell University, College of Human Ecology - DEA - Candidate 2020 Ph.D. in Human Behavior and Design - Ithaca, NY
- Clemson University, College of Architecture, Arts and Humanities - CAAH 2016 Ph.D. in Planning, Design and Built Environment - Clemson, SC (transfered to Cornell University)
- University of Washington, College of Built Environment – BE 2015 Master Science in Design Computing - Seattle, WA
- Universidade Estácio de Sá, School of Architecture and Urban Planning 2012 Bachelor’s in Architecture and Urbanism - Rio de Janeiro, Brazil