This yearlong training program is a unique opportunity to gain valuable, hands on experience working for a leading international infrastructure company.
Cintra is searching for recent graduates, who are driven and eager to enhance their technical skills and jump start their careers in a fast paced, international environment. Positions are available across several cities in the United States. Work with other recent graduates as you further your professional career, grow your confidence and build your business network. Choose from several different roles, such as Business Development, Human Resources Traffic and Revenue, and Data Science. Any Cornellians who are interested can contact Peter Smet, MPA 2020 at firstname.lastname@example.org for a conversation. Follow the link for more details: Challenge by Cintra
The Eno Center for Transportation is now accepting applications for its Summer 2021 Thomas J. O’Bryant Transportation Policy Fellowship. This fellowship provides a high-quality professional development opportunity for aspiring transportation specialists. Successful applicants will gain in-depth knowledge of transportation policy and practice under the guidance of Eno staff.
- Assisting in the development of Eno publications and products. Fellows play an integral part in the research and development of transportation research documents, policy recommendations, and events. Projects cover all modes, sectors, and levels of government within transportation.
- Contributing to the premier transportation publication: Eno Transportation Weekly (ETW). Fellows cover transportation-related hearings on Capitol Hill, analyze legislation, and develop think pieces and other commentary for ETW.
- Bridging the gap between research and policy. Fellows participate in Eno’s outreach through participation in conferences, briefings, and private meetings.
- Gaining in-depth knowledge of U.S. policymaking. Fellows engage the policymaking community through association with the Board of Directors, Eno education programs, and briefings to policymakers.
- Duration of the appointment is 10 weeks (start/end dates to be determined by successful candidate and Eno staff.
Fellowships are awarded to students with a bachelor’s degree, master’s degree, or Ph.D. working in transportation, engineering, housing, urban planning, or related degrees. Fellows must have already developed research skills and a strong writing ability.
Fellows are paid a stipend of $2,250 per month.
The 2021 O’Bryant fellowship will be held remotely. While the fellow will not need to be located so as to commute to Eno’s offices in Washington, DC, it is expected that they will be generally available during regular business hours (9:00AM-5:30PM Eastern), they have access to a computer, and have reliable Internet access.
To be considered for an interview at EY
- You must first apply using your school’s online recruiting system for only one of our positions
- You must apply through our online system at www.ey.com/us/apply.
- Select the job description for which you are applying: Campus Full Time, Intern or MBA Application (MPA, MRP and other Masters candidates can use the Full time or Intern application)
- You must complete our Recruiting Candidate Preferences Form: https://ey.recsolu.com/external/form/F1jeqh6aRuDW9QsXya7x1g
The Ernst & Young Infrastructure Advisors, LLC team provides financial, strategic and commercial advice on large scale infrastructure projects and programs across the United States with a focus on public sector clients and public-private partnerships. We’re setting precedent in a rapidly evolving and growing industry, and we’ll need you to drive innovation by helping our clients address challenges and think critically about the way projects are developed and have a long-lasting impact on infrastructure delivery across the country.
Chicago, Washington DC, NYC, Philadelphia, Los Angeles, Atlanta
As an advisor, you’ll be a core, client-facing member of small engagement teams of 3-4 people, making this role ideal for developing your skills and career. With support from your tight-knit team, you’ll have the autonomy to grow and excel, all while working on truly innovative projects.
What to expect
You’ll be balancing a number of major projects and tasks for high-profile clients on some of the largest, most exciting infrastructure projects in the country, making every day different. You could be putting together presentation materials, performing financial or other data analysis, participating in calls and/or meetings with clients or working on proposals. As part of that, we’ll need you to be a great multi-tasker and a proactive self-starter, as well as have strong organizational and time management skills.
Your key responsibilities
- Assisting clients in the development and implementation of strategies to advance large-scale infrastructure projects and programs.
- Demonstrating an understanding of project/program funding, financing and delivery mechanisms at the local, state and national levels to support analysis of client projects.
- Providing project and program management assistance to clients and project teams on large projects.
- Participating in developing strategy, financial, project delivery, business planning, funding, procurement and/or policy analysis and recommendations for clients.
- Collaborating by phone and in person with clients as well as legal, technical and other third party consulting team members to help forge relationships and deliver on engagements.
To qualify for the role you must have
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Economics, Finance, Business, Public Policy, or Engineering
- Experience in financial analysis, capital planning, or public sector procurements
- A demonstrated passion for work involving the public good and infrastructure or strong desire to develop professionally in the infrastructure finance arenas
- Outstanding analytical and creative thinking capabilities and the ability to clearly present them
- Excellent reading comprehension and writing skills and high-level of attention to detail in text
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills and comfort with working with diverse teams and clients and making oral presentations
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, including Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Flexibility and willingness to travel, as well as being prepared to work in excess of standard hours when necessary
- A driver’s license valid in the U.S.
What we look for
We’re looking for highly analytical and passionate people. You’ll need to be interested in infrastructure or public finance through your degree or past work experience, and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment. On top of this, you’ll need to be able to think on your feet and deal with uncertainty and ambiguity with an entrepreneurial spirit.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, both pension and 401(k) plans, a minimum of three weeks of vacation plus ten observed holidays and three paid personal days, and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Plus, we offer
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the profession
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress in your career
- Gained flexibility through two-way communication and commitment with your engagement teams
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world. Apply now.
Ernst & Young LLP, an equal employment opportunity employer (Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Disabled), values the diversity of our workforce and the knowledge of our people. To learn more about career opportunities at EY, please visit us at www.ey.com/us/careers.
Reason transportation interns conduct public policy research and technical analysis on a variety of surface transportation topics including funding, financing, transit, land use, and policy implementation. Interns will work with Reason staff and contractors. Interns may attend meetings or events. Qualified interns will have excellent writing and research skills, able to work well independently, and self-starters. Interns work either in the Los Angeles or Washington DC offices. Internship terms are 12 weeks 40 hours per week.
Policy and fundraising internships run ten weeks and include a stipend; part-time internships can be negotiated. Start and end dates are flexible. The application deadlines for all Reason internships are:
- Summer internships begin in June, application deadline March 1
- Fall Internships begin in September, application deadline July 1
- Spring Internships begin in January, application deadline November 30
To apply, send the following elements in a single pdf file to email@example.com:
- A cover letter that describes why you want to work for Reason, your area of interest, and preferred location
- Writing or work samples. All applicants should send at least two writing samples.
As a Senior Associate for Nuveen's Real Asset team focused on private equity infrastructure investments, your role will include portfolio management and surveillance activities across the firm's existing private equity and subdebt investment portfolios such as private equity funds, co-investments, direct equity, mezzanine and subordinated debt investments as well as origination activities for new investments.
The Suez Group is searching for a Business Development Analyst to join their water business development team. You will have an opportunity to further develop your skills in project coordination, financial analysis, and proposal development.
The Analyst will join our contract operations division and use their prior business development experience to drive forward our growth initiatives within a collaborative team setting. Join us as we make a positive difference in our environment.
SUMMER 2021 INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
Join the New York State Water Resources Institute (WRI) this summer to perform research and outreach related to water resource issues critical to New York State’s built and natural environments!
Program details & description:
Every year, WRI staff develop a unique set of summer intern projects that deal with issues such as micropollutants of emerging concern, watershed resilience to climate change, water resource governance, sustainable water infrastructure, and environmental justice. Internships typically involve one or more of the following: data collection, statistical and computer modeling, report writing, and the development of educational outreach materials. In addition, WRI staff organize weekly programming as well as a series of field trips (COVID-permitting) that are aimed at expanding the educational and professional scope of the internship beyond the selected projects.
For more information on WRI’s internship program and to learn about previous WRI intern projects, please visit: https://wri.cals.cornell.edu/people/intern-program.
Location: Ithaca, NY (the 2021 internship will likely be remote given COVID-19 restrictions)
Dates: May 31 to August 6, 2021
This is a paid internship.
Please indicate your interest by emailing a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than 3/24/21. Your cover letter should be no more than one page and should briefly describe: (1) the reasons for your application to this internship, (2) your interests pertaining to water and to WRI’s work, and (3) any relevant skills and experiences that you have.
Please submit your materials as one PDF labeled: Last name_2021. Please use the email subject line: Internship_Last name. Application review and decisions will be made on a rolling basis. All questions may be directed to email@example.com.
BIPOC, women, TNBGNC students, and students from other backgrounds underrepresented in the water and environmental sectors are particularly encouraged to apply.