To be considered for an interview at EY
- You must first apply using your school’s online recruiting system for only one of our positions
- You must apply through our online system at www.ey.com/us/apply.
- Select the job description for which you are applying: Campus Full Time, Intern or MBA Application
- You must complete our Recruiting Candidate Preferences Form: https://ey.recsolu.com/external/form/F1jeqh6aRuDW9QsXya7x1g
The Ernst & Young Infrastructure Advisors, LLC team provides financial, strategic and commercial advice on large scale infrastructure projects and programs across the United States with a focus on public sector clients and public-private partnerships. We’re setting precedent in a rapidly evolving and growing industry, and we’ll need you to drive innovation by helping our clients address challenges and think critically about the way projects are developed and have a long-lasting impact on infrastructure delivery across the country.
Chicago, Washington DC, NYC, Philadelphia, Los Angeles, Atlanta
As an advisor, you’ll be a core, client-facing member of small engagement teams of 3-4 people, making this role ideal for developing your skills and career. With support from your tight-knit team, you’ll have the autonomy to grow and excel, all while working on truly innovative projects.
What to expect
You’ll be balancing a number of major projects and tasks for high-profile clients on some of the largest, most exciting infrastructure projects in the country, making every day different. You could be putting together presentation materials, performing financial or other data analysis, participating in calls and/or meetings with clients or working on proposals. As part of that, we’ll need you to be a great multi-tasker and a proactive self-starter, as well as have strong organizational and time management skills.
Your key responsibilities
- Assisting clients in the development and implementation of strategies to advance large-scale infrastructure projects and programs.
- Demonstrating an understanding of project/program funding, financing and delivery mechanisms at the local, state and national levels to support analysis of client projects.
- Providing project and program management assistance to clients and project teams on large projects.
- Participating in developing strategy, financial, project delivery, business planning, funding, procurement and/or policy analysis and recommendations for clients.
- Collaborating by phone and in person with clients as well as legal, technical and other third party consulting team members to help forge relationships and deliver on engagements.
To qualify for the role you must have
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Economics, Finance, Business, Public Policy, or Engineering
- Experience in financial analysis, capital planning, or public sector procurements
- A demonstrated passion for work involving the public good and infrastructure or strong desire to develop professionally in the infrastructure finance arenas
- Outstanding analytical and creative thinking capabilities and the ability to clearly present them
- Excellent reading comprehension and writing skills and high-level of attention to detail in text
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills and comfort with working with diverse teams and clients and making oral presentations
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, including Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Flexibility and willingness to travel, as well as being prepared to work in excess of standard hours when necessary
- A driver’s license valid in the U.S.
What we look for
We’re looking for highly analytical and passionate people. You’ll need to be interested in infrastructure or public finance through your degree or past work experience, and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment. On top of this, you’ll need to be able to think on your feet and deal with uncertainty and ambiguity with an entrepreneurial spirit.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, both pension and 401(k) plans, a minimum of three weeks of vacation plus ten observed holidays and three paid personal days, and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Plus, we offer
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the profession
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress in your career
- Gained flexibility through two-way communication and commitment with your engagement teams
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world. Apply now.
Ernst & Young LLP, an equal employment opportunity employer (Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Disabled), values the diversity of our workforce and the knowledge of our people. To learn more about career opportunities at EY, please visit us at www.ey.com/us/careers.
Reason transportation interns conduct public policy research and technical analysis on a variety of surface transportation topics including funding, financing, transit, land use, and policy implementation. Interns will work with Reason staff and contractors. Interns may attend meetings or events. Qualified interns will have excellent writing and research skills, able to work well independently, and self-starters. Interns work either in the Los Angeles or Washington DC offices. Internship terms are 12 weeks 40 hours per week.
Policy and fundraising internships run ten weeks and include a stipend; part-time internships can be negotiated. Start and end dates are flexible. The application deadlines for all Reason internships are:
- Summer internships begin in June, application deadline March 1
- Fall Internships begin in September, application deadline July 1
- Spring Internships begin in January, application deadline November 30
To apply, send the following elements in a single pdf file to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- A cover letter that describes why you want to work for Reason, your area of interest, and preferred location
- Writing or work samples. All applicants should send at least two writing samples.