Who can I talk to about the SVYM India GSL Program?
Jeanne Moseley is the Director for the Global Health Program. She would be happy to answer any questions about the SVYM India GSL Program. Her office is located in B36D Kinzelberg Hall and her email is firstname.lastname@example.org.
How much does the trip cost?
The total cost of the India SVYM GSL Program will be $4,500 - 5,000. This includes visa, airfare, tuition, room and board for 8-weeks and airport transportation. We do not want the cost of the program to prevent any interested and qualified student from applying. Students who qualify for financial aid may be eligible for a scholarship through the Global Health Program. To learn more about ways to fund your summer in India, consider applying for a Global Health Travel Grant and check out other Funding Sources for Field Experience.
Where would I be living?
While taking classes in Mysore, students will live in SVYM's hostel in the KIADB Industrial Housing Area in Hebbal, Mysore. Accommodations are comfortable, with each student having their own room or sharing with another Cornell student. Each room has its own bathroom with shower, western toilet and sink. All meals will be provided in the canteen located on the ground floor of the hostel.
During the Service Learning portion of the trip, housing will vary based on location. Students with placements in:
• Mysore will continue to live in SVYM's hostel.
• Saragur will live in the residential wing of the Vivekananda Memorial Hospital-Saragur.
• Kenchanahalli will live in provided housing within the Vivekananda Memorial Hospital-Kenchanahalli campus.
• Hosahalli will live in provided housing within the school campus.
• Donna Ramil will find suitable housing in Hyderabad.