Sunday, May 28th, 2017
Newman Arena, Bartels Hall
- For Special needs parking arrangements contact the office of University Commencement Events by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, by phone at 607-255-9541.
- General Directions
- No Tickets are needed for general seating on the bleachers of Newman Arena.
- For guests with physical disabilities, reservations for up to two (2) chairs per graduate on the main floor are available. Please e-mail email@example.com by Friday, May 15th.
- These tickets are only for the College of Human Ecology Ceremony and can be picked up upon arrival at the Ceremony. Separate special seating applications for the University Commencement are available here or by phone at 607-255-9541.
- Graduates will be seated alphabetically by major as labeled on the seats. Name cards used to announce names will be fastened to the back of the seats. Please find your assigned seat by 12:30 pm.
- Brief speeches from a student representative and from Dean Alan Mathios will be given, and then graduation certificates will be handed out individually. Graduates, please bring your name card to stage with you.
- A photographer will take each graduate's picture as they receive their diploma. There will be an address card on each graduate's seat before the ceremony; please fill out the card and bring it to the stage with you. Proofs will be mailed to your home address along with an order form for you to be able to purchase photographs if desired.
- Human Ecology faculty and staff volunteers will greet students on the Arts Quad at 9:15am.
- Directly following the ceremony, guests and graduates will meet at Newman Arena in Bartels Hall. Complimentary bagged lunches will be provided at Bartels Hall Lobby for people to take to their seats in Newman Arena.
- No balloons are permitted in Bartels Hall.
Severe Weather Plan
- Severe weather refers to either strong winds or lightning. The University Ceremony in Schoellkopf Stadium will take place in the rain.
- In the unlikely event that the University uses the severe weather plan, there will not be a College of Human Ecology Ceremony.
- Human Ecology students will participate in the 1:00pm University Ceremony in Barton Hall. Faculty will not participate in this ceremony.
- Human Ecology graduates may pick up their diplomas beginning at 12:30pm in the Office of the Registrar, Room 146 Martha Van Rensselaer Hall.
- Each student has received a limited number of tickets for their guests to use for admission to the indoor ceremony location and the additional location where the ceremony can be viewed on a large screen. Because of strict space limitations, only guests with tickets will be admitted to these location.
- Details of the Severe Weather Plan.
Graduates assemble on Arts Quad in front of Sibley Hall
Procession to Schoellkopf Stadium
11:00am - Noon
University Commencement Ceremony
12:30pm - 3:00pm
College of Human Ecology Diploma Ceremony, Newman Arena, Bartels Hall