Contemplating a career in medicine? You are invited to apply now for this experiential, eight-week, summer program offered by Cornell University in New York City from June 4 to July 27, 2018. Much more than an exploration of hospital culture, program director, Dr. Sam Beck, describes the program as...
“ a personal journey into becoming a member of a professional society.”
Dr. Sam Beck, Director
immerse yourself in medical culture & practice
- shadow health care professionals in hospitals and clinics. Previous rounds have included anesthesiology, burn units, cardiology, dentistry, emergency medicine, surgery, labor and delivery, oncology, pediatrics, transplant medicine, and more.
- participate in clinical rotations
- attend seminars with faculty from Weill Cornell Medicine
- complete a three-credit course taught by program director Dr. Sam Beck
- meet community leaders and go on site visits to learn about the challenges that affect the availability and quality of health care in some urban neighborhoods
Who is eligible?
The program is open to students 18 years and older. Enrollment is limited and admission is on a rolling basis.