Requirements for the Minor in Health Policy
PAM 2350 will NOT be offered during the 17-18 academic year. A total of 5 health policy classes will be offered during the year. There is every intention to offer PAM 2350 next year, and to increase the range of health policy classes. In the fall 2017 semester PAM 3280, 4370 and 4140 are being offered. In the spring 2018 semester PAM 4280 and 3870 are being offered. In the meantime, if you are a senior you may use PAM 3280 as a replacement for PAM 2350, but you will still need to complete a total of 15 credits in PAM to earn the minor.
In order to earn a minor in Health Policy a student must complete each of the following three requirements:
- Complete a minimum of 15 credits of PAM course work.
- Complete PAM 2350 - U.S. Health Care Systems
- Complete at least three PAM courses at the 3000 or 4000 level in PAM from the following list:
- PAM 3110 Pharmaceutical Management and Policy
- PAM 3280 Fundamentals of Population Health
PAM 3570 From HIV to Ebola: How People and Governments Respond to Health Crises
- PAM 3780 Comparative Health Care Systems
PAM 3870 Economic Evaluations in Health Care
PAM 4050 Reproductive Health Policy
- PAM 4070 Early Childhood Policy and Economics
PAM 4140 Global Health Policy
- PAM 4280 Economics of Health Behaviors
- PAM 4370 Health Policy and Economics
- PAM 4380 Economics of Public Health
Completing requirements 2 and 3 above will not result in 15 credits, so students must select one additional PAM course. The additional course may be at the 2000, 3000, or 4000 level. The 3000 and 4000 level courses have prerequisites, so this additional course can be used to fulfill the prerequisite if desired. Alternatively, students can reach 15 total credits by taking one or more of the following 5000 level classes.
PAM 5500 Operations and Planning of Senior Living and Related Facilities (2 credits)
PAM 5740 Fundamentals of Health Facility Planning for Managers (1 credit)
PAM 5760 Long Term Care and Living Alternatives for the Older Adult (1 credit)
PAM 5900 Special Topics in Health Administration and Finance (1 credit)
- There can be no substitution for any of the required courses. Students must earn a grade of B- or better in every course. S/U will not be accepted unless it is the only grade option available. PAM Special Studies classes do not count towards a PAM minor.