Welcome new Human Development students!
On Monday, August 21st, we will welcome you into our Department, and provide you with an overview of the major.
Freshmen - First Semester
We strongly recommend the following courses:
- HD 1150 Introduction to Human Development: Infancy and Childhood (required)
- PSYCH 1101 Introduction to Psychology
An introductory course in Biology. If you are NOT a pre-med student, enroll in BIOG 1140: Foundations of Biology. This course is offered only in Fall semesters so we suggest you take it in your first semester, if you can. Don't stress over it - just be sure it's on your radar. (Pre-meds see below.)
- First year Writing Seminar (submit your ballot)
- One additional class
- A physical education class (required for freshmen)
Special Advice for Premeds
Plan to attend the Premed/Predent/Prehealth Orientation- Sunday, August 20th, 1PM, MVR G71- G73.
- You'll get the most accurate answers to your questions.
- Pre-med advisers can help you get the classes you need BEFORE classes begin.
The first year guidelines (above) are also relevant for you. Consult your Graduation Summary (login required) to determine your unmet requirements.
(Please Note: Students who transfer to Human Development should follow the curriculum sheet issued for the year in which they transferred. For example, a sophomore who transferred to HD in Fall 2017 would follow the 2017-2018 curriculum sheet.)