1. Yoon, S.-Y. & Chung, S. (2016). Exploring the 3C Workplace: For Connectedness, Collaboration and Creativity. In Alan Hedge (Ed.), Ergonomics Design for Healthy and Productive Workplaces, CRC press. pp. 389-406.
2. Yoon, S.-Y. & Wise, K. (2014). Reading Emotion of Color Environments: Computer Simulations with Self-Reports and Physiological Signals. In J. Watada, H. Shiizuka, K. Lee, T. Otani, & C.-P. Lim (Eds.), Industrial Applications of Affective Engineering, Springer. pp. 219-232.
1. NanoWhere (Juried exhibit)–Cornell Council of Arts Biennial, MVR Gallery, Sept. 18-30. 2014.
2. 2014 Design Communication Association Drawing Exhibition of selected works, School of Architecture, Southern Polytechnic State University. Oct. 1-5. 2014.
3. Solo exhibition (Juried exhibit), Pixel & Paint, FanCo Gallery, Seoul National University, June 19-Aug.17. 2013
4. Solo exhibition, An Enjoyable Journey from Analog to Digital, Cornell DEA Gallery, Jan. 21-Feb.16. 2014
Journal Article Refereed
1. Alvarez, I., Julia, Begõna, & Yoon, S.-Y. (In press). Identifying customers’ emotional responses towards guestroom design by using facial expression recognition, in virtual and real environments. Information Technology & Tourism.
2. Alawadhi, A. & Yoon, S.-Y. (2016). Shopping behavioral intentions contributed by store layout and perceived crowding: an exploratory study using computer walk-through simulation. 41(4), Journal of Interior Design. pp. 29-46.
3. Sadeghi, R. & Yoon, S.-Y. (2016). Effects of detail and navigability on size perception in Virtual Environments, International Journal of Architectonic, Spatial, and Environmental Design. 10(3), pp. 17-26.
4. Yoon, S.-Y., Choi, Y. & Oh, H. (2015). User attributes in processing 3D VR-enabled showroom: gender, visual cognitive styles, and the sense of presence. International Journal of Human Computer Studies. 82. pp. 1-10.
5. Chandrasekera, T., D’Souza, N., & Yoon, S.-Y. (2015). Virtual Environments with soundscapes: a study on immersion and spatial abilities with way finding tasks. Environment and Planning B-Planning and Design. 42. pp. 1003-1019.
6. Choo, H. & Yoon, S.-Y. (2015). Visual merchandising strategies for fashion retailers. Journal of Global Fashion Marketing, 6(1). pp. 1 - 3.
7. Chandrasekera, T., & Yoon, S.-Y. (2015). Adopting Augmented Reality in design communication. The International Journal of Architectonic, Spatial, and Environmental Design. 9(10). pp. 1-14.
8. Lee, H.-K., Yoon, S.-Y., Lee, J., Kim, H.., Kwon, H., Kang, H., Hur, H., Lee, M. & Jun, D. (2015). The effects of sale signs on consumer intentions to visit a store. Journal of Global Fashion Marketing, 6 (1), pp. 20 - 32.
9. Choo, H., Yoon, S.-Y., Jung, H., Jim, G., Shin, H., Kim, H., & Kim, H. (2015). An exploratory study on visual merchandising of an apparel store utilizing 3D technology. Journal of Global Fashion Marketing, 6(1), pp. 33 - 46.
10. Lin, Y.-F., & Yoon, S.-Y. (2014). Exploring the effects of lighting on consumer responses in a retail environment using 3D walk-through animation. Archive of Design Research, 2(28). pp. 5-25.
11. Alawadhi, A. & Yoon, S.-Y. (2014). Effects of store image on perceived product value. International Journal of Design Management and Professional Practice. 7(3), pp. 31-52.
12. Hwang, J., Yoon, S.-Y., & Bendle, L., (2012). Desired privacy and the impact of crowding on customer emotions and approach-avoidance responses: Waiting in a Virtual Reality restaurant. International Journal of Contemporary Hospitality Management. 24(2). pp. 224-250.
13. D’Souza, N., Yoon, S.-Y., & Islam, Z. (2011). Understanding design skills of the generation Y: an exploration through the VR-Kids project, Design Studies. 32(2). pp. 180-209.
14. Cho, J. & Yoon, S.-Y. (2011). Different aesthetic impressions of building design between designers and laypersons, Journal of Korean Living Science Research.21, pp.15-21.
15. Yoon, S.-Y., Oh, H., & Cho, J. (2010). Understanding Furniture Choices using a 3D Virtual Showroom, Journal of Interior Design. 35(3). pp. 33-50.
16. Yoon, S.-Y., Hwang, J., & Park, J. (2010). Affordable 3D VR technology for sensible design: an approach to designing an end-user oriented service space. Journal of Korean Society for Emotion and Sensibility. 13(1). pp. 269-278.
17. Yoon, S.-Y., & Yoon, S.-H. (2010). Different experiences of a Virtual Reality interface for design review, Design Principles and Practices: An International Journal. 4(6). pp. 313-331.
18. Hwang, J., & Yoon, S.-Y. (2009). Where would you like to sit? Understanding customers’ privacy-seeking tendencies and seating behaviors to create effective restaurant environments, Journal of Foodservice Business Research. 12(3), pp. 219-223.
19. Yoon, S.-Y., Laffey, J., & Oh, H. (2008). Understanding usability and user experience of web-based 3d graphics technology. International Journal of Human-Computer Interaction. 24(3), pp.288-306.
20. Oh, H., Yoon, S.-Y., & Shyu, C.-R. (2008). How can virtual reality reshape furniture retailing? Clothing and Textile Research Journal. 26(2), pp.143-163.
21. Uddin, M. S., Islam, Z., & Yoon, S.-Y. (2005). People in digital space: simplified options of scaled figures in 3D animation. Journal of the Design Communication Association, pp.40-45.
22. *Oh, H., *Yoon, S.-Y., & Hawley, J. (2004). What virtual reality can offer to the furniture industry? Journal of Textile and Apparel, Technology and Management, 3(1). Available at http://www.tx.ncsu.edu/jtatm/ (*equally contributed)
23. Uddin, M. S., & Yoon, S-Y. (2004). House X, Scheme G: From 3D Game Engine to Virtual Representation of Architecture. Journal of the Design Communication Association, pp. 64-69.
1. Chandrasekera, T., & Yoon, S.-Y. (2015). The Effect of Tangible User Interfaces on Cognitive Load in the Creative Design Process. 2015 IEEE International Symposium on Mixed and Augmented Reality – Media, Art, Social Science, Humanities and Design, Fukuoka, Japan. Sept. 29-Oct.3. pp. 6-8.
2.Lin, Y.-F., & Yoon, S.-Y. (2013). Enhancing Atmospheric Effects: Exploring the Effects of Display Lighting on Consumers’ Psychological and Perceptional Reactions in a Retail Environment. Conference Proceedings of the Environmental Design and Research Association (EDRA 44). pp. 339. Providence RI, May 29-June 2.
3. Chandrasekera, T., & Yoon, S.-Y. (2013). An augmented reality-based spatially related navigation system for internal navigation of healthcare environments. Conference Proceedings of the Environmental Design and Research Association (EDRA 44). pp. 244-245. Providence RI, May 29-June 2.
4. Alawadhi, A., & Yoon, S.-Y. (2014). Display layout and perceived crowding: Examining the effects of interior design on customers’ perception of crowding in a retail environment, the 2014 IDEC Annual Conference, March 6-9. Accepted.
5. Chandrasekera, T., D’Souza, N., & Yoon, S.-Y. (2013). Soundscapes in immersive virtual environments. Conference Proceedings of the First International Symposium on Affective Engineering (ISAE2013). pp. 341-350. March 6-8.
6. Yoon, S.-Y., & Kim, D. (2013). Experiencing Color Environments by Different Age Groups: Tapping into the Potentials of VR Simulation. Conference Proceedings of the First International Symposium on Affective Engineering (ISAE2013). pp. 193-198. March 6-8.
7. Yoon, S.-Y., & Wise, K. (2013).Reading the Mind and Body Responding to Color Environments: Computer Simulations with Self-Reports and Physiological Signals. Proceedings of Interior Designer Council (IDEC) Annual Conference, pp. 694-695. Indianapolis, Indiana. Feb. 17-19.
8. Yoon, S.-Y. (2014). Creative Scholarship Presentation. From Digital Sketching to Watercolor Painting, Interior Designer Council (IDEC) Annual Conference, New Orleans, March 7
9. Lin, Y.-F., & Yoon, S.-Y. (2013). Exploring the Effects of Display Lighting in a Retail Environment,Interior Designer Council (IDEC) Annual Conference, pp. 364-366, Indianapolis, Indiana.. Feb. 17-19.