|106, Martha Van Rensselaer Hall|
|Policy Analysis and Management|
|Phone: 607-255-1180 Fax: 607-255-4071|
|View Cornell University Contact Info|
Nicolas Ziebarth is an Assistant Professor in the Department for Policy Analysis and Management at Cornell University. Before coming to Cornell, Professor Ziebarth worked as a research associate at the German Institute for Economic Research (DIW Berlin). He holds a PhD in Economics from the Berlin Institute of Technology (TU Berlin), where he graduated in 2011. Dr. Ziebarth's PhD thesis deals with "Sickness Absence and Economic Incentives." It has been awarded the Upjohn Institute Dissertation Award 2011.
Nicolas Ziebarth's research is in the field of applied health and labor economics. In particular, he analyzes the interaction of social security systems with labor markets and population health. Another focus of his work is the driving forces and implications of health-related behavior.
- B.S., Economics, Humboldt University Berlin (HU Berlin), 2003
- B.S., Business and Economics Education, HU Berlin, 2003
- M.S., Economics, Berlin Institute of Technology (TU Berlin), 2006
- M.S., Business Studies, TU Berlin, 2006
- Ph.D., Economics, TU Berlin/German Institute for Economic Research (DIW Berlin), 2011
- PAM 5570: Health Care Organizations (Sloan Program)
- PAM 6420: Health Economics II (PhD Program)
A. ARTICLES IN ECONOMIC JOURNALS
B. ARTICLES IN POLICY JOURNALS & MULTIDISCIPLINARY JOURNALS
- Eibich, P. and N. R. Ziebarth (2013): "Analyzing Regional Variation in Health Care Utilization Using (Rich) Household Microdata" Health Policy, Special Issue: Geographic Variation in Health Care: 40 Years of Small-Area Variations. forthcoming.
More publications: www.human.cornell.edu/pam/people/nicolas_ziebarth.cfm
health economics, labor
|The information on this bio page is taken from the CHE Annual Report.|