Recent Alumni Achievement Award
2017 Recipient Dr. Harry Cho '02
Eligibility and Description:
The Human Ecology Alumni Association (HEAA) Recent Alumni Achievement Award is given to Human Ecology alumni who have graduated within the past fifteen years in recognition of a commitment to excellence in post-collegiate life and a significant or ongoing commitment to extraordinary work, research or volunteerism.
Number and Frequency:
One recipient is selected annually. This award may be bestowed at the discretion of the HEAA Awards Committee.
Criteria for Selection:
This award highlights the tremendous talents and contributions that young people make to their profession, to their community, and to the College. Recipients are those which richly inspire other young alumni and current students of the College. This award will be presented to deserving alumni who meet the following criteria:
- 1. Nominee must have attained notable degree of prominence through professional endeavor, research, volunteerism, and/or involvement within the local or global community or the College.
- Special consideration will be given for those who demonstrate significant initiative by starting innovative service projects, research, businesses or other original enterprises.
- Received recognition as an emerging leader through professional and/or community achievements.
- Attained increasingly responsible positions within their organization, business, or field of work.
- Received recognition for significant professional contributions, discoveries, or creative work through honors, awards, and/or media attention.
- Served as an outstanding young role model for current and future Human Ecology College students.
- Award nominations may be submitted beginning in November 2017.
- All nominations must be submitted on the official nomination form online and are due December 15, 2017. Paper versions of the form can be obtained by contacting Human Ecology Alumni Affairs & Development 607-255-7802.
- Each nomination may also include the nominee's resume or curriculum vitae and a letter of support from the nominee's constituencies (alumni, faculty, administration, staff or friends of the University) stating the specific reasons for the nomination. Additional information (articles, additional letters of support, etc.) may be included as well.
- Incomplete nominations will not be considered by the Awards Committee.
Award Presentation Ceremony:
Presentation will be made at the Human Ecology Alumni Association Annual Meeting held at the Alumni Breakfast which takes place during Reunion Weekend. It is preferred that the recipient attend this ceremony in person in order to receive this award. If there are financial issues which would make it difficult for the individual to attend in person, the Awards Committee will refer to the following travel considerations:
The Human Ecology Alumni Association will pay for the award recipient's travel to campus pending available funds. The alumni association will not pay travel expenses for any guests of the award recipient. Fund availability will be made at the discretion of the Human Ecology Alumni Association Board Executive Committee in collaboration with the Awards Committee.
2016 Lee Schaffler '01
2014 Lauren Braun '11
2013 Charter Members of the Human Ecology Young Alumni Council
2012 Theresa Soriano '97, MD, MPH
2011 Silvestre Arcos '00
2010 Rachel Doyle '05
2009 Jared Genser '95
2008 Lindsey Wieber '98 and Gwen Whiting '98
2007 Andrew Schaffler '03
2006 Jonelle Bradshaw '96
2005 Lou D. Bergholz '94
2004 Malia Mills '90
2003 Ricardo Roman '95
2002 Jennifer A. Sale '93, MBA '01
2001 Terrance N. Horner '92, PhD '98
2000 David M. Schiff '93 1999 Leslie Nydick '85